Gora Datta – CEO & Chairman of CAL2CAL
Gora DATTA, HL7 International Ambassador, is an accomplished and visionary executive with 30 years of international professional expertise in the field of Computer & Software Engineering and its application to Healthcare, mobile-Health, eLearning & Social Protection. His global experience spans many countries – Australia, Bangladesh, Canada, France, Greece, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kuwait, New Zealand, Niger, Philippines, Singapore, Switzerland, Tunisia, UK, and USA.
He is the founding Chairman and CEO of CAL2CAL group of companies (estd. 1996 in California, USA: http://www.cal2cal.com) – a multi-national innovative m-ICT (mobile Information & Communication Technology) products and solutions organization with subsidiary and offices in Australia, Canada, India, & USA.
As an US “Electronic Health Record (EHR) Meaningful Use” Subject Matter Expert (http://www.hitechanswers.net/hl7-standards-meaningful-us/) and ICT Expert on eHealth, Public Health & Social Protection/Safety Net Programs, Gora provides consultancy to & collaborates with large governmental organizations (e.g., State of California, County of Los Angeles, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention-USA, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services-USA, Food & Drug Administration-USA, National Institute of Standards & Technology-USA; Government of India, Government of Bangladesh, Government of Niger, Government of Indonesia to name a few) and multi-lateral agencies (like The World Bank, ADB, WHO, UNICEF). He focuses on mobile technology driven, global standards based, alternate energy powered, cost effective solutions for health care access & delivery in both developing and developed world; leveraging an e-learning environment for capacity building, employment generation and sustainable growth for social protection & safety net programs.
Gora is an author of multiple technical papers published in international journals. He is also invited to speak as a thought leader and subject matter expert on e-health & mobile ICT. He has presented at various international conferences, workshops & seminars; & has spoken at leading Universities around the globe. As a representative of International Chambers of Commerce to the UN World Summit on Information Society (WSIS: Tunis 2005), he was quoted by press across the world on his thoughts on business opportunities in the emerging markets. Gora has won many international awards e.g., the HL7 International 2009 Volunteer of the Year, IEEE 2009 & 2008 Certificate of Appreciation, 2005 Best paper Award at HL7 International Healthcare Conference in Taiwan.
Gora is a Senior Member of both ACM and IEEE.
He is also a “Advisory Board Member” of www.Quampus.com – online learning delivery platform organization.
As a global healthcare IT standards expert, Gora volunteers his time to various Standards Organizations:
- Health Level Seven (HL7) International
- International Ambassador & HL7 Tutor
- Co-Chair of mobile Health Work Group,
- co-Lead EHR Interoperability Group
- EHR (Electronic Health Record) Work Group, PHR (Personal Health Record) Work Group, PHER Work Group (Public Health & emergency Response), Education Committee & International Mentoring Committee
- US Country Delegate to ISO TC215: Health Informatics Committee
- Co-Author of ISO Technical Report TR-14292 (Personal Health Record: Scope, Definition & Context)
- co-Lead (and USA representative) to ISO/TC215 Public Health Task Force
- USA Expert on eHealth Enterprise Architecture for Emerging & Developing Countrie
- IEEE: Senior Member
- Vice Chair, IEEE Orange County Section (2014 – current)
- IEEE Speaker
- IHE International: member Quality, Research & Public Health (QRPH) Work Group
- US ONC S&I Framework
- EU-US eHealth Cooperation Initiative: EHR Interoperability & Workforce Development Work Groups
- HIMSS: HIMSS14 Speaker, Ambulatory Committee Member (2014-15), mHIMSS Task Force member
- IEC TC62: Member