Globally experienced public/private company CEO, board member, strategic advisor, private equity firm principal and senior advisor/operating partner with over 30 years’ experience building high performance businesses and creating value through innovation and revenue growth – both domestically and internationally.
- CEO: Created >$500mm in shareholder value; raised >$150mm through both public (IPO and secondary offerings) and private capital sources; led multiple successful corporate transformations resulting in highly accretive exits; built high output agile product development organizations; established corporate innovation groups resulting in the creation of new product businesses that generated significant new revenues in first year.
- Board member: Public and private corporate boards as chairman, independent director and committee member; worked with management and ownership to create and execute strategies for value creation and growth; worked with public markets investment community on capital raising and investor relations; led M&A processes (both acquisition and exit); and designed and implemented new organizational models for agile execution.
- Private equity principal: Sourced, acquired, managed and exited platform companies; worked with management teams to conceive and execute transformational growth strategies resulting in significant value creation and realization; and actively participated on other portfolio company boards.
- Senior advisor/operating to private equity firms: Advised on all stages of deals; worked with management teams and PE owners to develop and execute strategies resulting in value generation and accretive exits; participated as an active board member of portfolio companies; developed investment theses and industry studies related to impact of digital transformation on industries; evaluated, hired and coached management teams; led strategy retreats and operations reviews; and executed customer and market research.
- Expertise: IoT (Internet of Things); Industry 4.0; digital transformations of industries and businesses; Big Data, machine learning, AI (artificial intelligence), predictive analytics, mobile technologies, smart systems, collaborative and autonomous systems, machine to machine communications, and ecommerce on businesses); digital marketing; data communications; semiconductors; cloud services; and Lean organizational design and management.
- International experience: global technology company leadership having done business on six continents; resided and worked in Europe (France, UK, Sweden), Latin America (Venezuela) and North America (U.S.A.); multi-lingual (English, Swedish, Spanish, French)
- Local Corporation (Irvine, CA) – Chief Executive Officer & Chairman 2014 – 2015
- B+B SmartWorx (Ottawa, IL) – Executive Chairman 2013 – 2014
- Vayan Marketing (Boca Raton, FL) – Executive Chairman 2010 – 2011
- GameSpy Industries (Irvine, CA) – Chief Executive Officer 2003 – 2004
- Lantronix, Inc. (Irvine, CA) – Chief Executive Officer 1998 – 2002
- CMD Technologies, Inc. (Irvine, CA) – General Manager Storage Division 1996 – 1998
- Standard Microsystems Corporation (Irvine, CA) – Director Worldwide Marketing 1994 – 1996
- Alta Research Corporation (Deerfield Beach, FL) – Co-founder/VP Sales & Marketing 1992 – 1994
PRIVATE EQUITY ROLES:
- Triton Pacific Capital Partners TPCP (Los Angeles, CA) – Managing Partner Software/IT 2007 – 2012
- Graham Partners (Newtown Square, PA) – Senior Advisor/Operating Partner 2008 – Present
- Inverness Graham (Newtown Square, PA) – Senior Advisor 2008 – Present
- EQT Partners (Stockholm, Sweden) – Industrial Advisor 2016 – Present
- Local Corporation (NASDAQ:LOCM – interactive search marketing) – Chairman of the Board 2014 – 2015
- Local Corporation (NASDAQ: LOCM – interactive search marketing) – Independent Director 2013 – 2014
- ICCNexergy (IGI portfolio company – engineered battery solutions) – Independent Director 2013 – 2014
- B+B SmartWorx (Graham Partners portfolio company) – Executive Chairman 2013 – 2014
- Raco Wireless (IGI portfolio company – wireless MVNO M2M carrier) – Board member 2012 – 2014
- Predixion Software (GE Ventures, Cisco, Accenture, Software AG, et al) – Independent Director 2011 – Present
- B+B SmartWorx (Graham Partners portfolio company) – Board member 2008 – 2015
- Lantronix (NASDAQ:LTRX) – Board member 1999 – 2002
ADVISORY BOARD POSITIONS:
- Trunomi (solving customer insight and data sharing problems for the financial industry) 2015 – Present
- In/PACT Now LLC (technology platforms for connecting commerce and giving) 2015 – Present
- Lean Systems Institute LSI (organizational design research and education) 2008 – Present
- AssetPoint (TPCP portfolio company – SaaS enterprise asset management/MRO) 2008 – 2015
- Vayan Marketing (TPCP portfolio company – digital marketing) 2008 – 2011
- Custom Credit Systems (TPCP portfolio company – SaaS commercial lending automation) 2007 – 2014
- DB Technology (TPCP portfolio company – Healthcare document management) 2006 – 2012
- Member Pacific Region of WPO (World President’s Organization)
- Former Chapter Chair YPO (Young President’s Organization) Cal Coast Chapter
- Guest Lecturer University of San Diego Business School
- Guest Lecturer University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business
- Attended classes at Stockholm School of Economics (SSE), Stockholm Sweden
- Attended executive classes at Harvard Business School, (YPO President’s program)
- Languages: English, Swedish, Spanish, French